Versatile resin adhesive, cement modifier, bonding agent & sealer
Vetobond PB433 is an adhesive based on polymerized resins and is white, non-toxic, non-infl ammable liquid of medium viscosity which dries to a transparent fi lm sealer, adhesive and cement modifi er that is designed to be used as a bonding aid, curing agent and gauging liquid for cementitious systems. It is used for internal applications, Vetobond PB433 is applied directly from the bottle or pail to the concrete substrate by brush, roller or spray.
Vetobond PB433 supplied in 20 Liter Pails & 200 Liter Drums
|Usage||Vetobond PB433||Water||Approx. m2|
|Primer in conjuction with mortar||1||1||3|
Note: These figures are based on typical substrates. Actual coverage may vary according to porosity.
Vetobond PB433 has a shelf life of 12 months when stored in its sealed original containers below 35ºC.
Vetobond PB433 has the following general areas of application:
Bonds asbestos, Bricks, Carpets, China, Concrete, Cork Earthenware, Glass, Laminated plastic, Leather, Linoleum, Plasterboard, Polystyrene, Renders, Roofing-felt, Stone, Textiles, Tiles and Woods.
Reduces Hacking and Keying and will provide an adhesive or mechanical key to receive plaster or render coats of Gypsum, Lightweight Gypsum or Anhydrous, Plasters and Plastering onto tiles.
Sealing porous surfaces
Porous surfaces should be sealed with a solution of 1 part Vetobond PB433 to 15 parts clean water. Where surface porosity is very high it may be necessary to increase the concentration to 1 part Vetobond PB433 to 10 parts water.
Breeze, foam, slag and other lightweight building blocks are exceptionally absorbent and may require wetting down before sealing.
1. General Adhesive Applications: After surface preparation, apply a thin film of neat Vetobond PB433 over both faces and allow to become tacky (20 to 30 minutes). Bring surfaces fi rmly together, position as required, wipe off any excess and allow to set for 24 hours. Do not clamp tightly as Vetobond PB433 may be squeezed out. Note: Vetobond PB433 will not bond polythene, PVC or rubber.
2. As a plaster bonding agent: For Gypsum, Lightweight gypsum and Anhydrous plasters seal as required and prime with a solution of 1 part Vetobond PB433 to 1 part water and allow to become tacky. Then plaster straight onto the tacky Vetobond PB433 in the normal way.
3. For heavier rendering and cementitious toppings:
Seal and prime as above and then prepare a key coat by mixing 1 part ordinary Portland cement, 1 part clean washed sharp sand, gauged to a stiff consistency with 1 part Vetobond PB433 to 3 parts clean water. Apply this to the tacky priming coat to an average thickness of 6 mm (¼ inch) and stipple with a stiff brush or otherwise roughen surface to provide a good mechanical key. Allow to harden and dry thoroughly. Test for adhesion before applying rendering.
4. For plastering onto glazed tiles: To ensure a satisfactory bond, a mechanical key should be provided by light peck hammering before sealing priming and plastering as above.
5. As a bonding agent for tiles: Wood block, Cork, Lino and Acoustic tiles use Vetobond PB433 as a general adhesive. If the surface is uneven, the adhesive should be fi lled as described below under ‘Polystyrene Tile’.
6. Ceramic, concrete, quarry, clay and terrazzo tiles:
Seal with a solution of 1 part Vetobond PB433 to 5 parts water. Brush well into the surface and allow to dry. Before bedding tiles in sand and cement, give the floor and base of tiles a further coat of 3 parts Vetobond PB433 to 1 part water. Whilst this is still wet or tacky, apply sand and cement bedding to base and bed the tiles.
7. Polystyrene tiles, Plaster board and Acoustic board:
Prepare and seal the surfaces are required. Then using a suitable fi ller such as plaster, cement, fine sand or sawdust, make a paste with a solution of 1 part Vetobond PB433 to 1 part water. Apply this mixture as an adhesive coat to the tiles and surface to be bonded.
8. For dust-proofi ng floor screeds and friable concrete flooring: Apply 2 coats of a solution of 1 part Vetobond PB433 with 5 parts water, allowing first coat to dry before applying second coat.
9. As a primer for over-coating Bitumen with oil based paints: Coat the bitumen with a solution of 1 part Vetobond PB433 to 1 part water as an anti-bleed priming coat suitable for most oil-based paints.
Surface must be sound and thoroughly cleaned before Vetobond PB433 is applied. All loose particles, old mortar, laitence, dirt, paint etc., must be removed by brushing with a stiff /wire brush or other suitable means. Fungi or Algae should be scoured away using hypochlorite type bleach or proprietary fungicidal solution and then washed with water. Timber and composition boarding must be dry and free from wax, polish and paint etc. All traces of oil and grease must be removed with an industrial grade chemical degreaser or another suitable degreasing agent.
On vertical surfaces, where all the paint cannot be removed, it is advisable to peck-hammer, except where gypsum plasters are to be applied. This ensures a bond between Vetobond PB433 and the structure, and prevents failure due to lack of adhesion between the paint film and the substrate.
Vetobond PB433 is non-flammable. Kindly refer to product MSDS for information
Saveto endeavors to ensure that any advice, recommendations, information it may give, is accurate and correct. It cannot accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of its products, because it has no direct or continuous control over where or how its products are applied, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation or information given by us. Saveto has the right to change any of the specifications mentioned in the Technical data sheets upon its discretion without prior notification.
Hard copies of TDSs are printed once or twice a year, while our technical data sheets are continuously being updated as per R&D improvements and new 3rd party testing; kindly refer to our website for the latest updated TDSs.
Multi-purpose bonding agent & admixture
Polymeric soil stabilizer
Polymeric bonding agent, waterproof mix enhancer & primer
Water dispersible epoxy bonding agent to bond old to new concrete
Solvent free epoxy bonding agent to bond old to new concrete
Water resistant external use premix smooth cement coating